US Department of Agriculture
Business and Industry Loan Guarantees
This program offers loan guarantees to rural businesses.
Eligible uses include (but are not limited to):
- Business conversion, enlargement, repair, modernization or development.
- The purchase and development of land, easements, rights-of-way, buildings or facilities.
- The purchase of equipment, leasehold improvements, machinery, supplies or inventory.
- Debt refinancing when refinancing improves cash flow and creates jobs.
- Business and industrial acquisitions when the loan will maintain business operations and create or save jobs.
See funding website for loan details.
Lenders need the legal authority, financial strength and sufficient experience to operate a successful lending program. This includes:
- Federal or state-chartered banks.
- Savings and loans.
- Farm credit banks.
- Credit unions.
- Rural areas outside of a city or town with a population of fewer than 50,000 people.
- The borrower’s headquarters may be based within a larger city as long as the project
is located in an eligible rural area.
Find Out More and Apply