US Department of Agriculture
Intermediary Relending Program
This program provides 1 percent low-interest loans to local lenders or “intermediaries” that re-lend to businesses to improve economic conditions and create jobs in rural communities.
Funds may be used for the following:
- To acquire, construct, convert, enlarge or repair a business or business facility, particularly when jobs will be created or retained.
- To purchase or develop land (easements, rights of way, buildings, facilities, leases, materials).
- To purchase equipment, machinery or supplies, or make leasehold improvements.
- For start-up costs and working capital.
- For pollution control and abatement.
- For transportation services.
- To cover feasibility studies and some fees.
- Towards the building of hotels, motels, convention centers.
- For educational institutions.
- For aquaculture-based rural small business.
- To establish revolving lines of credit as described in 7 CFR Part 4274.314.
- Nonprofits and cooperatives.
- Federally-recognized tribes.
- Public agencies.
Find Out More and Apply